Short-Term Vacation Rentals in Summit County

Summit County regulates short-term vacation rentals (STRs) to address neighborhood impacts and life safety issues. Summit County’s regulations for STRs are applicable to properties within the unincorporated areas of Summit County.

If you own property within unincorporated Summit County (outside the boundary of an incorporated town) and are interested in renting it out for periods of less than 30 consecutive days, you must obtain a short-term vacation rental (STR) permit and remit all applicable taxes.

Permit Application
If you own an STR property, you are required to obtain an STR permit.

Tax Information
STR owners must remit all applicable taxes.

To report non-emergency issues concerning an STR property, contact the STR Helper Hotline online or by phone.

STR Regulations
STRs in unincorporated Summit County are subject to our short-term rental regulations.

Short-Term Rental Discussion
In this video, Summit County staff provide background on our short-term rental regulations, the permit process, the complaint hotline and key dates and deadlines